5 Reasons Are We In The East Texas Goldilocks Zone
This is it, after the rain showers tonight, our one perfect day is coming up tomorrow. Sunny with a high near 69 degrees, and a low of 44. Mark down 4/4/18 as the day that all was right in East Texas. We usually find something to complain about, but this day will be perfect. We get very few of these days here. Not too hot, not too cold.
1. Temperature. It's not the heat, it's the humidity. If we can't have low humidity, at least we can have low temperatures. We are only a couple months away from days so humid and hot, you feel like you are breathing water, lets enjoy it.
2. Bugs are down. Up north the freezing cold winters, keep the bugs at bay, and cull their numbers every year. Here, there is no such thing, and they live on forever. The fact that I am not in the middle of a swarm of lovebugs yet, is a win.
3. Just got paid. We are only at the 4th day of the month. It's not a holiday, it's not Easter anymore, and we still got some cash to rattle the self-checkout with at Wal-Mart
4. School is in! The kids are right where you want them. Firmly ensconced in there big brick learning places. Let's do lunch.
5. TV Shows. Still have new episodes of all our favorite shows every week.
I can't think of a better day in East Texas. Can you?