‘Cars 2′ Is Number One At The Box Office, But I Had To See ‘Mr. Popper’s Peguins’ Instead [VIDEO]
One of the great things about having a young son, is the ability to see kids movies. I mean sure I could watch it alone when it comes out on HBO on Demand on Suddenlink in a few months, but I really wanted to see this at Carmike Cinemas in the Lufkin Mall this weekend for opening weekend. I mean Rolling Stone gave it 3 and a half stars. That’s high praise for those guys! It was all set and then my kid pulls an audible. He would rather see Mr. Poppers Penguins. I would have rather not. Yet now I can say I have seen Mr.Poppers Penguins. Very strange movie. And somehow Jim Carey worked in a Jimmy Stewart reference. Does anyone even know who that guy is anymore. I guess there is always next week. I will see this movie in 3D at the theater somehow.
Subscribe to K-Fox 95.5 on
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales:
(notice how many people got duped by their kids to see Mr. Poppers Penguins, I don’t feel so bad now)
1. Cars 2, $68 million.
2. Bad Teacher, $31 million.
3. Green Lantern, $18.4 million.
4. Super 8, $12.1 million.
5. Mr. Popper’s Penguins, $10.3 million.
6. X-Men: First Class, $6.6 million.
7. The Hangover Part II, $5.9 million.
8. Bridesmaids, $5.4 million.
9. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, $4.7 million.
10. Midnight in Paris, $4.5 million.