Five First Date Ideas To Try In East Texas
Spring is here, and love is in the air.
Thanks to all of your responses on the K-Fox 95.5 Facebook page, we were able to find some of the best places to go to in east Texas on a first date.
Because of the large number of responses, we couldn’t choose just five spots. So instead, we created a guide featuring five first date ideas for all types of dates, whether you’re looking for something adventurous, relaxing, or even just a good place to sit and eat.
Find out if your favorite first date spot made the list!
Top 5 first date ideas to try in east Texas
1. Outdoor Adventures
Now that spring is finally upon us, there are many ways you can enjoy a first date outdoors. From ATV riding to fishing and boating, you’ll have plenty of time to get to know your date while participating in some adventurous activities.
- Lake Nacogdoches
- Sam Rayburn Lake- Sportsman’s Cove
- ATV and mud riding parks: Tree Offroad Park, Mud Creek Offroad Park
Rather than sitting through a movie and staying quiet all night, get to know your date by going to various places all over east Texas that offer activities that will get you off your seat! There’s always something going on, so get together with friends and family and explore the fun things you can do all over east Texas:
- Ellen Trout Zoo (Lufkin)
- Bowling: Lufkin Lanes, Texas Pro Bowl
- Concerts (The Eli Young Band is coming to BanitaCreekHall this Friday!)
- Theater: SFA Theater, Angelina Arts Alliance
- Sporting events; Baseball season is here! Check the SFA and Angelina College websites for schedules and upcoming events
- Comedy Night at Hotel Fredonia
- Texas Forestry Museum
Nothing says “first date” like a good meal. Try one of the restaurants listed below to enjoy a great lunch or dinner with your date:
- Ralph and Kakoo’s
- Manhattan’s (Lufkin)
- It’s Crawfish season: find a restaurant in your area that offers all-you-can-eat crawfish!
- Texas Star Cafe (Colmesneil)
- Auntie Pasta’s and Clear Springs (Nacogdoches)
Trying to save money or just want to have a relaxing day with your date?
Pack a lunch and head down to the various parks and nature trails to have a picnic! The beauty of the outdoors will make you feel like you’re secluded from the real world; a great, inexpensive getaway!
- SFA Mast Arboretum
- Lanana Creek Trail, Pecan Park (Nacogdoches)
- Walk around Historic Downtown Nacogdoches or shop around at all the unique boutiques
5. Road Trip
Got a tank full of gas, good music on the radio, a passenger to keep you company, but can’t decide where you want to go on a first date?
Take a road trip all over east Texas and see where your car ends up taking you!