Most Popular Back-to-School Items According to Pinterest [LIST]
Let me just say that back to school items are a lot cooler than when I was in school.
I love back to school season, even as an adult. It’s my love of office supplies that has me diving head first into the school supply aisles at every turn. As a kid, I was all about having my Coca-Cola polar bears and cute puppies and kitties folders. These days, it’s all about marble finishes, iPod headphone holders, and emojis.
I’m so old.
That being said, Teen Vogue has put out a list of the top school supply items that are must-haves this year. Their list is based on the items that are most pinned on Pinterest. Yes, elementary kids are using Pinterest like it’s their job.
Here’s a sneak peek at the first five.
1. Russel & Hazel Mini 3 Ring Binders – These things are gorgeous! They look like they belong in a five-star hotel, but instead they’ll be stuffed into backpacks and probably left on a school bus a time or two. The faux marble finish and gold accents make them super classy.
2. Upcycled Earphone Holder – You’ll never be embarrassed again pulling your headphones out of your bag tangled up. These holders are officially your tangle-police. Plus, they’re made our of used Ice Breakers containers. #Sustainable
3. Emoji School Supply Fun Pack – Everything you need for school with a funny face on it.
4. Upcycled Binder Clips – In case you haven’t picked up on it, “upcycled” means you’ve upgraded and recycles something. These take boring binder clips and, thanks to a piece of colorful/printed tape, makes them so much more cute than plain old black colored ones.
5. DIY Rainbow Highlighter – This isn’t even a supply you need to buy separately for like $100. Just grab a pack of regular highlighters. Color two other colors you love on either side of a yellow highlighter tip and away you go!
See the other top items here.