Thursday Night TV
There's a ridiculous number of things to choose from on TV tonight. And I'm just talking about broadcast television! My head would spin if I started to think about the options between broadcast and cable.
* Charlie’s Angels, 7:00 p.m. -- The classic 1970s TV series gets a makeover with three new "angels," played by Minka Kelly, Rachael Taylor and Annie Ilonzeh. Produced by Drew Barrymore.
* Grey’s Anatomy, 8:00 p.m. -- Ellen Pompeo's Meredith loses her job as the medical drama begins its eighth season with a two-hour episode. Pompeo and Dempsey have both said they're probably not sticking around for a ninth season, so you might want to soak up as much of the adorable couple as you can!
* The Big Bang Theory, 7:00 p.m. -- The hit sitcom opens its fifth season with back-to-back new episodes.
* Person Of Interest, 8:00 p.m. -- The new J.J. Abrams drama revolves around a software genius who develops a program that identifies people who are expected to be involved in violent crimes. It stars former Lost actor Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Jim Caviezel.
* The Mentalist, 9:00 p.m. -- Simon Baker's Patrick Jane is in prison as season four gets underway.
* Community, 7:00 p.m. -- John Goodman guest stars in the third-season premiere.
* Parks and Recreation, 7:30 p.m. -- Amy Poehler's Leslie is torn between her career and her relationship with Ben in the show's fourth-season debut.
* The Office, 8:00 p.m. -- James Spader joins the cast as the head of Dunder Mifflin's parent company, Sabre. But who will be named the regional manager of the Scranton branch -- the old job of Steve Carell's Michael Scott -- in the first episode of season eight?
* Whitney, 8:30 p.m. -- Comedian Whitney Cummings stars in the relationship comedy centering around the title character and her partner.
* Prime Suspect, 9:00 p.m. -- Maria Bello plays a tough New York homicide detective in the adaptation of the British series that starred Helen Mirren.