One minute she was doing her homework and playing, and within an hour or two she was complaining of being cold and achy, so I took her temperature. It was 104.4! What happened next taught me something.
This might make you think twice about eating raw oysters. A Texas woman died after developing a flesh-eating bacterial infection about three days after she ate them, and doctors say it's not an isolated incident. It's something that happens about a hundred times each year.
One East Texas doctor is very quietly having a huge impact on thousands of people several continents away, and recently performed a milestone 30-thousandth surgery aboard Africa's Mercy Ship. Those folks can see, thanks to him!
A 3-year old boy was misdiagnosed at first, but a doctor near Houston finally figured out the red splotches on his skin were the result of a flesh-eating staph infection. He swam with his family at Lake Sam Rayburn at the end of July.
Texas ranks 27th on the list that highlights real costs of smoking, and some of these numbers are unbelievable! If you've never wanted to kick the habit before, the idea that you could have a million dollars leftover might be just what you need. Holy....um, smokes.
We're not the fattest state, but we're not the skinniest either. And not only is weight an issue here, but Texas has some of the cities near the top of the list for high cholesterol and inactivity too. Uh oh.
Soon we'll move this party outside, and we'll be camping and fishing and playing golf even more than we do now. Mosquito season will be cranking up too, and it turns out those bugs are onto us, and not bothered by some of our methods to get rid of them. But don't fear. There is …