Governor Abbott Outlines Strategies to ‘Reopen Texas’, All Schools Closed for Remainder of Semester
In a noon press conference, Texas Governor Greg Abbott outlined details on how his team plans to gradually reopen the economy of Texas.
Some of the highlights that came from conference included:
- All schools, public, private, and colleges, are to remain closed through the end of 2019-2020 school year
- An easing on the restrictions on medical procedures and surgeries
- A creation of a strikeforce of economic and health leaders to structure and guide the safe reopening of Texas businesses
- Opening more retail stores and allowing them to conduct business using the delivery or curbside models already in place for many businesses, basically retail-to-go.
- Reopening of Texas State Parks beginning Monday, April 20th
- Tight restrictions are to remain in place concerning residents and staff members of nursing homes and assisted living centers
- Social distancing policies are to remain in place for the foreseeable future
Enter your number to get our free mobile app