You Can Nominate Someone to Win The Spirit Of Angelina Award!
The Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce is now accepting nominations for the 2012 Spirit of Angelina Award presented by Perry-Ellis Kia. If you know someone that deserves this for all the great work they do in our community, I’ve got some details on how to do it.
The Spirit of Angelina Award recognizes volunteers of Angelina County that are the backbone for many events, organizations, and the community. Because of them, many events and organizations exist and are successful. The Lufkin/Angelina County Spirit of Angelina Award is selected annually from among written nominations. Five (5) nominees are selected to be recipients of the award each year. Nominations are solicited from all nonprofit organizations in Angelina County.
Requirements to apply:
- Complete and submit the nomination form to the Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce by mail to 1615 S. Chestnut St., by fax to 936-634-8726, or by email to JHuffman@LufkinTexas.org
- Nominee must be available to attend the Spirit of Angelina Award breakfast on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:20am at Crown Colony Country Club; must be a resident of Angelina County; must use unpaid time to perform the activities for which he or she is being nominated; may be reimbursed for any expense associated with the volunteer activities.
Attributes to be judged:
- Volunteer activity can be with one or more groups, organizations, or activities
- Total number of volunteer hours are considered
- Activity’s overall benefit to the community and/or group
- Initiation of ideas or programs that benefit the community
- Value of abilities/skills contributed
- Extending above and beyond the call of duty
- Exceptional and/or exemplary attitude
These are guidelines that give the selection committee the most complete information possible upon which to base a decision. Answer only those questions that apply to the nominee. Unanswered questions will not have a negative effect on the nomination.
Submitted nominations are encouraged to have attached letters and other reference material in support of the nominee.
Nominations are due Monday, July 9, 2012 by 5pm to the Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce. No late applications will be accepted.
Visit LufkinTexas.org for the nomination form.
CONTACT: Melissa Wheeler, Programs & Operations Manager
MWheeler@LufkinTexas.org or 936-631-3833/936-634-6644