Lufkin PD Arrest Man Suspected in Rash of Car Burglaries
Lufkin Police have arrested a suspected vehicle burglar. Terrence “TJ” Bryant, 25, of Lufkin, was taken into custody earlier Tuesday afternoon. Bryant has been identified by Lufkin Police detectives as the suspect in a rash of vehicle burglaries that occurred last week. Surveillance video aided authorities in identifying Bryant as the person they believe responsible for these crimes.
Bryant was arrested just before 2 p.m. without incident after he was found hiding in a shed outside a home on Davisville Road.
According to Lufkin Police, Bryant allegedly broke into vehicles in the 3400 block of Daniel McCall Drive where he is suspected to have stolen a 9mm pistol, knife, and costume jewelry on April 18. He also allegedly rummaged a vehicle in the 400 block of Sunset Boulevard on April 19.
Bryant is charged with four counts of burglary of a motor vehicle and one count of theft of a firearm. He also has a parole violation warrant stemming from a 2017 case for online solicitation of a minor.
Here is a list of burglaries that occurred last week. None of the vehicles were locked at the time of the theft. Bryant is not necessarily connected to all of these incidences.
- 4/17/22 100 block of Hawthorne Street Ruger .22 stolen
- 4/17/22 100 block of Muirfield Drive .380 stolen
- 4/18/22 3400 block of Daniel McCall Drive 9mm, knife, & costume jewelry stolen ***WARRANT for TJ Bryant***
- 4/18/22 500 block of South Timberland Drive wallet stolen and credit card used
- 4/19/22 1500 block of Cimmarron Street gold watch, smart watch, & android phone stolen
- 4/19/22 1000 block of Morningside Drive headphones & coin purse stolen
- 4/19/22 400 block of Sunset Boulevard rummaged but nothing stolen ***WARRANT for TJ Bryant***
- 4/21/22 1300 block of Crooked Creek Drive wallet stolen
- 4/21/22 3100 block of Daniel McCall Drive wallet stolen and credit card used
Bryant is awaiting book-in at the Angelina County Jail.