Is an Austin, TX Christmas Light Drive Through Park the Most Magical in Texas?
If Christmas lights are your jam, then a road trip to Central Texas may be in your immediate future. A new Holiday experience in Austin has opened this year at Circuit of Americas, Peppermint Parkway.
If you have relatives in the area and are already planning a trip down to Boerne to see the home featured in ABC’s The Great Christmas Light Fight, then you’re only a couple of hours away from Peppermint Parkway.
You’ll see fun Austin themed displays, there’s snow, and you might even see the Grinch! Tickets start at $35 and go up $90. The more expensive option lets you do a lap around the actual race track. It seems like a lot fun, and if I can talk my hubby into a road trip we may just check it out.
There appears to be quite a lot of things to see and do at the new event. From exploring Christmas treats to seeing Santa Claus all the way to racing go karts, there’s a lot to experience.
Aside from driving through Peppermint Parkway, what can you do? Check out these 11 experiences from couples and families:
- North Pole Palooza: See the big guy himself, performing in a full stage production with music, dancers, a reading of Twas the Night Before Christmas, and a spectacular snow-filled finale! Catch North Pole Palooza three times a night, at 7, 8 and 9pm. *Schedule subject to change.
- Letters to Santa: Make your wishlist, remind Santa that you’re on the nice list, and mail your letters to the big guy himself.
- Mistletoe Kissing Booth: Visiting with a special someone? Make sure to visit this mistle-totally sweet stop on your tour of the Plaza.
- Pepper and Mint Live: Share hugs, high-fives and snap an “elfie” with the sweetest mascots around, Pepper and Mint!
- Peppermint Express: Share hugs, high-fives and snap an “elfie” with the sweetest mascots around, Pepper & Mint!
- Amusement Rides: Looking for some holiday thrills? The Plaza’s amusement rides are a ho-ho-home-run.
- Delectable Treats: Treat yo’ elf! Grab a bite and a warm mug of cheer from a variety of scrumptious food vendors. There’s s’more to enjoy than milk and cookies!
- Holiday Carols: Sing-along to your favorite carols and groove to holiday jingles on the Plaza!
- Dazzling Lights: Enjoy a winter wonderland of over seven million twinkling lights, in displays specially designed to amp up your holiday cheer.
- COTA Karting: Come and race it! Take on this mile long outdoor track in karts that reach speeds of up to 55mph.
- The Soaring Eagle: Soar through the air and see The Parkway from above on the COTA Zipline!
You’ll have to let us know if it’s worth the drive to Austin, because we do have such amazing Christmas Light experiences to take in right there in East Texas.